Date(s) - 02/03/2017
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Godfrey Thomson Hall
Categories No Categories
We are delighted to announce the next Scottish Autism Research Group seminar. This seminar, to be held on Thursday 2nd March in the Moray House School of Education, University of Edinburgh, will explore a variety of topics within autism and mental health, including anxiety, depression, school-based mental health research and practitioner perspectives.
The day will feature talks from scientists and researcher-practitioners across Scotland and the rest of the UK. We are delighted that our keynote speaker for the day will be Dr Jacqui Rodgers, senior lecturer in clinical psychology in the Institute of Neuroscience, Newcastle University. Much of Jacqui’s work focuses on anxiety in autism, exploring theoretical models, assessment tools and intervention approaches. However, her work spans a wide range of topics in autism, including sensory processing, repetitive behaviour, and quality of life.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Judith Hebron: Leeds Trinity University
- Matthias Schwannauer: University of Edinburgh
- Mary Stewart: Heriot Watt University
Registration for this event is now open.
To reserve a place please email sargATed.ac.uk (replace AT with @) stating your name, location and professional or personal interest (e.g. researcher, parent etc). This is so we can understand the balance of representation within the audience on the day. Please note that places are limited and previous seminars have had a waiting list of more than forty people. Places will be allotted at the committee’s discretion, partially on a first come first served basis, but also with regard paid to ensuring a balance of representation within the audience. Seminar attendees will be asked to register at the start of the day – please only register if you know you are able to attend the full day.
The 2017 SARG seminar was held at the University of Edinburgh on 2nd March.
Please click on the links below to download copies of slides from our speakers:
- Kirsty Ainsworth: AINSWORTH_SARG_2017
- Claire Evans-Williams: EVANS-WILLIAMS_SARG_2017
- Anne-Marie Gallagher: GALLAGHER_SARG_2017
- Judith Hebron: HEBRON_SARG_2017
- Hanna Kovshoff: KOVSHOFF_SARG_2017
- Cameron Maitland: MAITLAND_SARG_2017
- Jacqui Rodgers: RODGERS_SARG_2017
- Mary Stewart: STEWART_SARG_2017
- Matthias Schwannauer: SCHWANNAUER_SARG_2017
- Hanan Makki Zakari: ZAKARI_SARG_2017